May 11, 2007

Finally, a really wearable lip gloss


I am not a lipstick girl. It's not that I don't like the way it looks, I just don't like the maintenance involved. Refreshing my lipstick is a process that requires a mirror so I do not color outside the lines. I tried the long-wearing "paint" type lipstick and that just dried out my lips horribly and in the end it looked like I was suffering from some kind of lip funk. Ug.

However, I am prone to dry lips, so I always have lip balm with me. I apply that about a hundred times a day – no mirror needed. But I get no polished look from Chap Stick. Lip gloss seems like the obvious choice for a girl like me, right? Easier to refresh, no long-term commitment, no lip funk. I have tried tons of the stuff, and nothing really worked for me until I tried CoverGirl Wetslicks.

I actually read about the stuff at Style Bakery in their Spring Beauty Trend Report and thought I would give it a try. It was cheaper than the other products they recommended to get the pale lip look, so why not.

My first color choice was Honey Talks – it's a light, fleshy color with a little glint to it. The color is fresh and trendy, and gives me that finished look I wanted. I liked it so much I went back and got Sugar Maple, which is darker than it looks on the CoverGirl site. It's like a sugared raisin color. I am now eyeing something with a little more pink in it, which is another color trend for Spring.

Wetslicks really does feel like lip balm, which makes it perfect for me, being a Chap Stick addict. It isn't high-maintenance, and you aren't making a 24 hour commitment to the color. Slick some on and see what you think.

1 comment:

Mrs. Embers said...

I just went to my purse to pull out my favourite lip gloss to recommend to you, and I realized that it's also Cover Girl- "WetSlicks Fruit Spritzers". These ones come in a squeeze tube, and they smell SO yummy! I use "strawberry splash", which is a nice deep pink, but the colour doesn't go on too thick.

Just another option for ya. :)