June 27, 2007

Give the gift that keeps on giving (great parties) – a stainless beverage tub.


When it comes to wedding gifts, The Bob and I typically shop "on the list." We go straight for the bridal registry and choose something the happy couple has selected for themselves. I highly recommend this approach for most couples, and I have appreciated knowing that I'm getting them something they really need or want.

While shopping on the list has its advantages, what it lacks in most cases is the personal touch. I can give the newlyweds their 5th flatware place setting, but will they remember me every time they eat chicken cordon bleu? Probably not.

I was faced with this dilemma when some great friends of ours recently got married. I will admit it. I was at a loss. I was at such a loss that I didn't have a gift selected by their wedding day!

(NOTE: I fell on strict wedding gift protocol on this one – feel free to use it yourself – you have up to ONE YEAR to gift the couple. That saved my bacon on this one!)

I had several criteria for the "perfect gift" for our friends. First, I wanted to find something that was useful, but not "utilitarian." Second, I was leaning toward something monogrammed – to me, it feels old fashioned in a good way. And finally, and to me most importantly, I wanted the gift to be something that, whether they reached for it once a month or once a year, they would think of The Bob and me.

After an exhaustive search, several ideas that were abandoned (including a personalized bocce ball set), and many...ahem...discussions...between Bob and I (he said shop on the list), I ran across this sweet stainless steel beverage tub from Personalization Mall.

This fit all my criteria. And, by my way of thinking, they can use it for any number of occasions, it will look great on a buffet table full of ice and bevvies. But, they might decide to use it for something completely different. They could use it as a planter, a magazine bin or even to hold diapers someday, should the mood strike them.

When the tub arrived, I opened the box to check it out (and to make sure their name wasn't misspelled!). I was impressed with the heft of the thing, and the hammered texture and other details gave it an upscale look compared to some tubs I have seen. I recommend this, not only because it's worth the money, but I was also impressed with the ordering and shipping process – I had a good experience.

So if you're looking for the ideal wedding gift, try this one out. It's a great value, looks fantastic, and it keeps on giving – great parties - for the bride and groom for years to come.

1 comment:

LAC said...

Rats, wish I had seen this two weeks ago. I had to settle for giving them the most impersonal gift, cash!