June 08, 2006

Mini Review – Hustle & Flow

Hustle & Flow

Synopsis – everybody's gotta dream...of being a rapper?

Rating – it's hard out here for a viewer

I kept watching this flick, although a couple of times I wondered. I have feelings about the subject matter (like I don't buy that someone "accidentally" becomes a pimp and drug dealer, comeon), but there was something about Terrence Howard's performance that kept me from just bailing on the whole thing. FYI: the theme song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" won best original song in the 2006 Academy Awards.

Here's my takeaway from the movie. Becoming a successful rapper is like believing in Santa Claus. If you "believe with all your heart" it comes true.

There's a lot of offensive language and obviously sex & drug content. Not for kids or teens.

No comments: