June 20, 2006

Mini Review – The Big White

The Big White

Synopsis – Fargo meets Weekend at Bernies

Rating – ha. eww. eh.

I laughed a little, I was grossed out quite a bit, but hey, it's called a "black comedy." My new definition of black comedy is any film that uses the dismemberment of a corpse as a primary sight gag. Despite that, I really enjoyed Holly Hunter, and I thought Alison Lohman was a bright spot, playing a woman who you really believe wants to help people, but she's just sort of oblivous. There were only two things (okay, maybe I'm being generous) that really bugged me. Number one, I am sick and tired of seeing Woody Harrelson play a psychopathic weirdo, and number two, Robin Williams' accent came and went throughout the movie – where exactly was he supposed to be from!? There is a lot of foul language, and some gross scenes with the dead body, so not for kids.

No comments: