June 05, 2006

Simple idea. Mrs. Dash butter on sweet corn.


Corn on the grill is always good, but this time I did ours a little different and Bob says he never wants it any other way. The sweet corn was already out of the husks, so my plan was to wrap each ear in foil and throw them on the grill. But, I made up my own "herb butter" and slathered each ear with it before wrapping and it just really brought out the flavor. I mixed together about 1/2 stick of softened butter, and a couple of teaspoons of regular old Mrs. Dash seasoning blend. I used Original Blend, but I am anxious to try it with some of the other varieties to change up the flavor profile. The next night we didn't have the grill going, so I just put the corn in a glass baking dish, dotted the butter all around, covered it with plastic wrap and microwaved it until it was done. It was just as good as on the grill.

I could see us using a Mrs. Dash butter on any vegetable, and I could even see putting a pat of it on a just-grilled steak. I know this isn't a totally original idea, but the fact that the Mrs. Dash spice blends are... well, already blended... means you only have to get ONE thing out of the spice rack instead of 20. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments: