May 26, 2006

In praise of Rubbermaid® containers.



I just don't know what I would do without Rubbermaid storage containers.

Camping season starts for the Kings this weekend. And that brings out all my feelings of gratitude to Rubbermaid®. Camping for most people is "roughing it" in tents and cooking with sticks and things. Why put ourselves through that!? Don't get me wrong, we we don't bring a television or a generator, and we do sleep in a tent, but we're not very "crunchy" about camping. We take everything we need to make it comfortable and fun - including the kitchen sink (literally two Rubbermaid dishpans).

One container is the "utility room," and includes the propane for the camp stove, fire making supplies, citronella candles, fly swatter, bungee cords, duct tape and the like. One is the "kitchen" and holds the pots & pans, coffee pot, dish pans & drainer, etc. Then there is the "buffet" which holds the dishes, tablecloths, serving bowls and platters and napkins. Two smaller, clear containers are the "cabinet under the sink" – holding everything from the foil and storage bags to the dish soap and Formula 409. The smallest container is the "silverware drawer." Finally, there's the "bathroom" which holds the sunscreen, bug spray, baby wipes, etc. Everything has a place, and everything is easy to find.

Bob just shakes his head because sometimes he thinks I get carried away. BUT, when we get to the campsite and he asks me IF we brought something and I produce it "voila" out of a Rubbermaid container, he is glad that I do what I do.

Thank you, Rubbermaid. For helping me win the "most organized camper" award.

No comments: