May 19, 2006

iPod Shuffle. No bells. No whistles. Perfect.


Okay, I may be the last person on the planet to get a digital music player. But the dogs and cats apparently pooled their money and got me one for Mother's Day. They wisely chose the iPod Shuffle for their human mommy, which is perfect for me.

Unlike the 20-somethings I work with, I don't need all the bells, whistles, screens, options or the like. I just need something that holds about 100 songs, and can block some noise at work when I need to concentrate. In fact, much to their chagrin, I will probably load it right up with Vivaldi and Mozart. The "shuffle" mode turned some people off, but you do have the option of listening to your list straight through or mixing it up, and obviously you control what you put on it to listen to, so to me that's not an issue.

I will tell you that I do have to send mine back for an exchange under the Apple warranty. After walking through some steps in an online chat with a service person, it was determined that my little baby had some hardware issues, so they will be replacing it for me. Thank goodness for easy online registration!

Anyway, if you want a little music, in a teensy little package, for not a lot of money (under $80 for the 512MB) the Shuffle might be just the thing.

No comments: