May 03, 2006

The must-have for every purse. The Girl Kit.


Years ago I purchased a little Coach accessory bag in red leather in an attempt to organize my purse. This little bag turned into my Girl Kit. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

The first item, and the cornerstone of any Girl Kit is a Leatherman. Mine is a Leatherman Micra, but these days Leatherman manufactures lots of small utility tools that would be perfect. Find the one you like and put it in your Girl Kit. You will be shocked how many times you pull it out to snip threads or tighten sunglasses. You will also get a kick out of how many times your man asks to borrow it!

The next most important item in the Girl Kit is my mini Mag Lite. Every girl needs a small flashlight. Mine is red, so it's cute, and I think it still has the single AAA battery I put in it 8 or 9 years ago. I don't use it a lot, but it's nice to know it's in there.

Other necessary items in the kit: a teeny pen, a golf pencil, a hotel sewing kit (button, thread, needle, etc), a safety pin, a 2-pack of pain reliever, a few hand wipes, a couple of band-aids, a tiny mirror, small nail clippers, a nail file and a mini-pad. You can modify to your heart's content, and add things that fit. A tiny tin of hand cream, a divot tool and a lip liner have been in my kit.

Stock up your Girl Kit, transfer it to whatever purse you're carrying, and you will win the "Most Organized" award among your friends and family!

No comments: