March 12, 2007

Super easy weeknight supper – Pizza Bake

You know I love the easy weeknight meals. And you know The Bob loves his ooey-gooey cheesy casseroley type meals. This is a great combination of both. I took inspiration from my Reuben Bake to come up with a simple Pizza Bake – a layered casserole using all our favorite pizza ingredients. I make it like a crustless deep dish pizza and then serve Bob's over toasted Italian bread.

Here's my basic recipe. Vary it with whatever pizza toppings you like!

1 lb. Italian seasoned sausage, crumbled and fried
Pepperoni
Black olives
Sliced mushrooms
1 c. sauce – I used 1/2 jar of roasted garlic pasta sauce
2 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
2-3 T Parmesan

Heat the oven to 350º. Spray a 9x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place in layers the sausage, pepperoni and veggies, then top with the sauce. Evenly sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake about 30 minutes until the cheese is as browned as you like it.

Throw some slices of Italian bread or sub buns in the broiler to toast, then spoon the Pizza Bake over top. Pair it with a simple salad and Italian dressing for a full, super-quick meal.

How simple is that!?

No comments: