April 22, 2009

Product Review: Makeup remover I love for more than one reason.

Now that I am... ahem... of a certain age, it behooves me to treat the skin around my eyes a bit more delicately than I did in the past. So, I have taken to using makeup remover to gently take off my eye shadow and mascara before washing my face.

Ideally, makeup remover will effectively remove the gunk without having to scrub, thereby defeating the purpose. Stinging and burning is not an option. And then, if I could have everything I ever wanted, it would not cost me an arm and a leg.

I have found the product that meets all those criteria. Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion (product #475-800).

It is a lightweight, creamy consistency which at first took me off guard. I was a bit concerned that something that looked like hand lotion would sting or burn. I applied it to a cotton ball and started gently swiping, and low and behold I experienced not one tiny bit of burning in my eyes. It did a great job of removing mascara, liner, and eye makeup. I used one cotton ball, one side for one eye, the other side for the other eye. Then I washed my face as usual. Done and done!

Now for the best news. This stuff is only $4 for a 2 oz. bottle. Compare that to a similar lotion style remover from Clinique, Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, which sells for $16.50 for a 2.5 oz. container. I don't know about you, but the extra half an ounce is not worth $12.50 to me!


So there you go. Eye makeup remover with a lot to love, for a little bit of money. Give it a try.

To shop for Avon products right now, go to my site any time!


UPDATE 4/24 - this product is now on special for just $.99 a bottle. Stock up!

No comments: