August 17, 2006

Camping cleanup made easy. Palmolive Dishwipes.


We love making big, elaborate meals while we're camping. There's just something about good food cooked outside. But, with the big meal comes the big cleanup. One thing that has worked for me and is standard issue in my camping gear are these little Palmolive Dishwipes. I went to the Palmolive website and could not find them in their product listing, so they may be discontinued (I hope not!), but I did see them available at quite a few online retailers. The beauty of these dishwipes is that you don't have to pack a bottle of dish soap and run the risk of it leaking in your storage container. They come in this cute little container, and you just wet one to produce loads of suds. One cloth has always been enough for a whole dishpan. Then you just toss it. No wet sponge or dish cloth to deal with. I don't think they are very cost effective for at-home use, but they are worth it to pack for camping cleanup. Try them.

No comments: