September 27, 2006

I'm through with mildew. Thanks to Lysol®.


No one likes to admit that they have a mildew problem. But, it happens. We live in a 100 year-old house with a small, enclosed bathroom and limited air circulation – the perfect the environment for mold and mildew to grow.

I have tried a lot of different products, but
Lysol® Mildew Remover with Bleach really works. I was honestly doing the touchdown dance in the bathroom because the telltale dark stain of the mildew disappeared before my eyes. The product has other benefits, too – it disinfects and removes soap scum, and has a very pleasant scent that is clean but not too antiseptic. Even when and if I live in a newer home, this is one product that is going with me.

To get rid of the mildew and stains I sprayed it liberally around the shower stall, waited about 10 minutes and then rinsed. To keep the mildew from coming back, and to prevent the buildup of soap scum, I am now routinely spraying around the shower about 2-3 times a week.

Try it under sinks, around toilets or wherever you may have a high-humidity or moisture problem and see how it works for you.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Good tip! We have the same kind of house and our bathtub's windowsill is notorious for mold. I used Lysol household cleaner with bleach the other day and it did the job. I had bought the wrong kind of Tilex (I think they call it mold & mildew root)- it's supposed to get at the mold from it's roots, but on the fine print it said not to use it on wood, and of course, my windowsill is wood! DOH! I'll have to look for this Lysol Mildew thing when I next visit the store.