December 11, 2006

Mini-Review - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)


Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)


Synopsis: Keep all arms and hands inside the ship until it has come to a complete stop at the bottom of the ocean.

Note: Possible spoiler included.

I actually purchased this DVD because I knew this was my kind of movie. Turns out I was right – and wrong. Big waves, big monsters, and big crazy swashbuckling scenes are the order of the day in the second installment of the wildly successful Pirates of the Caribbean series. The crew of the ill fated Flying Dutchman, and especially its captain, Davey Jones, are extremely creative, and pretty darn scary, seamonsters. Jack Sparrow (Depp) Will Turner and and Elizabeth Swann (Bloom and Knightley) are all great fun, running around trying to save each other and Sparrow from an eternity of servitude under Jones. All that is right up my alley.

Spoiler alert!
What wasn't up my alley was the doggone cliffhanger ending. It's a personal quirk of mine – I like a beginning, a middle and an end! It was still a great thrill ride and I will definitely watch it again.

It's rated PG-13, for "intense sequences of adventure violence, including frightening images." Take that to heart if you have kids.

No comments: