January 29, 2007

Mini-Review – The Guardian



Synopsis: What do you get when you put An Officer and a Gentleman, The Perfect Storm and Top Gun in a blender? The Guardian.

Don't get me wrong: I loved all those movies, so I am not totally panning this one. Despite it's formulaic nature, I was on the edge of my seat during the action sequences, which are pretty dramatic. Kevin Costner plays Ben Randall, a legendary rescue swimmer who becomes an instructor at the U.S. Coast Guard’s "A" school. Ashton Kutcher plays a former high school swim team champ, who wants to make it big, but has a lot to learn. It’s rated PG-13 – some of the action scenes could be pretty upsetting to kids. I recommend this film for what it is. Not overly original, but well made, exciting and entertaining.

No comments: