January 03, 2007

Mini-Review – Over the Hedge (2006)



Synopsis: Some days you eat the bear's food. Some days the bear tries to eat you.


RJ is a very naughty raccoon. But he's also pretty clever. He enlists the help of some gullible animals to help him repay his sizeable food debt to Vincent, the bear he stole from. Where do they go to get all this food but over the hedge in a perfect suburban neighborhood. It's good shopping because, as RJ points out to his friends, human's lives revolve around food.

There are some laugh-out-loud hilarious moments with Hammy (voice of Steve Carrell) the squirrel. And William Shatner lends his voice to Ozzie, an over-acting oppossum. Typecasting? I wonder.

There was one scene when the exterminator is demonstrating the killing apparatus that got me a bit squirmy, but I honestly think it would go right by a kid. It's PG for some "rude humor" and comic action.

The Bob and I recommend this film – kids will like it, parents will get all the jokes.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I've been wanting to see this. I'll have to rent it sometime.

Polly King said...

It's super cute. Bob and I love all those animated kid movies, even though we don't have kids! Rent it and let me know what you think of it.

Michelle said...

I thought this was a cute movie - I like animated animal movies!

Hey, I haven't been over in a long time, you flipped things around - I like!