April 03, 2006

A little book that's a big deal.


Here's a great idea for your next bridal shower gift... and while you're at it, get one for yourself, too.

"The Power of a Praying Wife Book of Prayers," by Stormie O'Martian (on the left in the photo). It's a compliation of all the prayers in the main book, on things like your husband's responsibilities, his fianances, his fears, his future, his faith... and a lot more. It has a short prayer, a Bible verse with each one, and a place to jot down your thoughts or specifics about your husband in that area. It's the perfect size to keep in your purse or the car (where I keep mine). I pull it out at stop lights or when I'm stuck in traffic and say a prayer for Bob. This little pocket book is like $7 on Amazon. So it's ideal for a little extra shower gift for someone you know who's getting married. It doesn't matter what church the bride-to-be goes to, either.

My cousin got me "The Power of a Praying Wife," and it changed the way I look at my marriage. It helped me to see that it was God's job to change Bob into the man he is supposed to be, not mine. My job is to pray for him. But the amazing thing is that when I started praying for Bob, not only did things change between us, but I started to change, too. This is a quick read, 30 short chapters, so you can read a chapter a day in just a few minutes.

(By the way, there's a "Power of a Praying Husband" book, too. Bob has the little "Book of Prayers" by the bed, and he prays for me, too... pretty amazing.)

No comments: