November 06, 2006

Mini-Review – Monster House (2006)


Monster House (2006)

Synopsis: For sale by owner – 3BR, 2BA, two-story fixer-upper; appliances and monster stay.

Finally, an animated film that's an adventure with a bit of an edge. Three teens have a run-in with the cranky neighbor and his, well, very bad house. The three main characters are likable, realistic (for being animated) and they make an interesting, offbeat team. I recommend it. It's a little spooky, a little funny, a little dramatic and quite a bit edgier than other kids movies I have seen.

Note: I thought some of the scenes might be too upsetting for little kids, so you will have to be the judge.

2 comments:

starbender said...

I watched this with my kids on Halloween! It was pretty good!
' ]

Polly King said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! We don't have kids, but we thought it was cool. We love all those clever animated flicks.

Thanks for the note, Starbender!

Polly