November 08, 2006

Cinnamon Flavored Coffee – Hold the Barista



I have always been a coffee purist, but The Bob recently convinced me to step a foot outside my comfort zone and try the flavored kind. I do not care for coffee flavored with syrups – for me they taste thickly-sweet and leave a bad aftertaste. So I tried several varieties of coffee with the flavor roasted in, and found a few I enjoyed. Hazelnut was surprisingly NOT one of my favorites. Like cilantro, some people just don't like it; to me it tastes like soap. Cinnamon-versions were a favorite of mine, but as you know, one of my recent money saving initiatives was to take my coffee from home (Cup of Joe for a Lot Less Dough).

So, I started experimenting, and came up with a super-easy tip for making cinnamon coffee at home. The delicious aroma of cinnamon will be in every sip.
This is so simple it's hardly a "recipe." But, here goes.

Fill your coffee maker with water, and prepare the grounds your usual way. Sprinkle the grounds with cinnamon. Brew.

This works with either freshly ground beans or already-ground coffee. I just use a French Roast or some other medium bodied blend.

The amount you use depends on how much of a cinnamon aroma you want. Be careful, though. You can go overboard with cinnamon and it may end up bitter. So, experiment with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon for a full pot. Then adjust up or down from there.

Cinnamon coffee from home. No barista needed.

5 comments:

BunGirl said...

Ok, maybe I'm just dense this morning, but wouldn't that be cinnamon flavored coffee? I love vanilla coffee (you can buy french vanilla roasts from Folgers and Maxwell House) I'm not a big fan of cinnamon.

Polly King said...

WOOPS. You are right Cinnamon coffee. Fixing post headline now... blushing.

Polly

agreenearth said...

Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yum! That sounds wonderful and so easy!

Off to brew a fresh pot!

Polly King said...

Thanks to all of you!

Polly