October 16, 2006

Hair color and shine booster, without all the trauma


I am hair handicapped. I have always struggled with hair styling products and appliances. Coloring my hair at home is entirely too traumatic for me and I would never attempt to add highlights on my own (think Bride of Frankenstein). So, I'm always on the lookout for products that are easy to use and give me a little confidence boost.

John Frieda® - Luminous Color Glaze™ may be the perfect product for someone like me. While you're still in the shower, you put it on your hair like conditioner, distributing it from roots to ends. Leave it on for three minutes, then rinse. That's it. No mixing. No gloves. No haz mat suit.

This isn't like a major transformation (which is perfect for me), it's just supposed to give your own color a little boost. The company claims that the color will build up over time, and they recommend using it at least three times a week. I have used it for two days now and my hair feels very silky and shiny and I notice today that my color is just a little richer somehow. It's a hair product with no trauma.

Let me know if you try it and how it works for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this post. I have a genuine fear of hair coloring products or anything closely related. My mom was the type that experimented with hair and her horror stories did me in.

I'm definitely going to have to try this out - thanks!

Oh, and I'm still hanging onto your Reuben Bake recipe. Sadly enough, we have been eating out for the last week or so (haven't had time to go to the grocery store). So, as soon as I get to the store, I'm getting everything I need for that recipe.

Polly King said...

Hi there, Michelle.

Today is the third day I've used the glaze, and I do see a subtle difference. And subtle works for me! Let me know what you think when you try it!

I'm very curious to find out how the Reuben Bake works out for you. Please email or post a comment when you have time to give it a whirl.

Thanks!
Polly