October 20, 2006

Who plays you in the movie of your life? Find out here

If you haven't seen this yet, it's an Internet phenomenon. It's called Face Recognition on MyHeritage and it's pretty amazing. Using some very advanced technology, faces in photos are scanned and matched to faces in a database. It is used for geneology research to identify family members, or even find relatives years later through face recognition.

For me, it was just downright fun. They have a free demo that compares your photo to their database of celebrity photos, and calculates the percentage match. I did both Bob's picture and mine, and here's how we did.

Bob was matched to:
Joey Fatone (N'Sync) (66%)
Alec Baldwin (63%)
Travis Tritt (61%)
Adam Sandler (56%)
Brad Delson (Linkin Park)(55%)
Tom Green (51%)
Barry Williams (Partridge Family)(51%)
David Hasselhoff (51%)

I (can't believe I) was matched to:
Reese Whitherspoon (78%)
Jane Curtain (75%)
Kate Hudson (74%)
Adrianne Curry (74%)
Eva Longoria (74%)
Debra Messing (73%)
Audrey Tautou (73%)
Diana Ross (73%)
Nia Long (72%)
Amanda Holden (72%)

Go, upload away and have some fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did this once a long time ago and they came up with Angelina Jolie for me (I can't stand her and I look nothing like her). I don't think I look like her, but my dad & J said they could see it.

J comes up with Matthew McConnaughey and he has even been told my strangers that he looks like Matt! Yummy, I'll take it! We were at a ballgame the other day and some kid kept calling him Matthew.

Polly King said...

It's funny. I put a different picture of Bob through this once and it came back with ALL different celebrities. I think it depends on the angle, lighting, etc. In my case I was *mostly* flattered, but I don't think I look much like any of the ones it chose for me. Oh well, something fun for a Friday!

Thanks for the comment, Michelle!

Polly