October 30, 2006

Easy and cute crocheted scarf – the perfect Fall craft project


In the Fall, I usually get bitten by the craft bug. I wander craft stores looking for that ONE craft that will bring me nearly instant gratification, and this year, it’s crochet. It’s been years since I picked up a hook, but I decided to do a simple project to refresh my memory, and possibly give me something cute to wear. I have been noticing cute crocheted scarves here and there, and online, so when I ran across a free pattern flyer for this Classic Wool - One-Skein Scarf I grabbed it. I made mine in a rich brown, and had a lot of fun making it. I worked on it for about an hour one evening while watching television, and finished it up in a couple of hours on a Saturday while doing laundry. It’s done in all double crochet stitches, so it’s simple. You can go here to learn learn to crochet. The site has good illustrations of stitches. Now that I have one project under my belt, I’m going for another – this time a simple cloche hat in a brown wool tweed. Looking for a quick, easy and fun project for this fall? Try something crocheted!

4 comments:

starbender said...

WoW-I haven't crocheted in a long time. I'll have to visit the 'how to' site!
heheheee....

: ]

Polly King said...

The scarf was actually pretty easy. If I can do it, and I haven't crocheted in years and years, you can do it! Now the hat I am working on, I'm struggling with a little. It's just single crochet, but it's worked in a spiral, so you have to keep track of where you are and count stitches. Harder to do while watching TV!

Thanks for the comment. Let me know if you do try it!

Jules said...

Oh how I miss crocheting! I learned how to when I was on tour with a Christmas Carol, living on a bus for 6 weeks up and down the East Coast. It certainly passed the time and I was covered for holiday presents that year! I should take that up again...

Polly King said...

Julie:

You should pick it back up with this one... it's so quick and easy. I have worn it several times now and get compliments every time. It would make a good Christmas gift, but I think I'm keeping this one for myself!

Polly