October 19, 2006

Pick a pair of pork chops


Growing up, I was the salad and side dish kid. Subsequently I can make a killer Waldorf, but I struggle with the main course, particularly if it's meat. I could spot a boneless, skinless chicken breast, but when it came to various cuts of pork or beef I couldn't tell which chop or steak was which.

I found a nice handy pork chop identification chart that actually shows each kind of pork chop, describes what they are used for and generally what to expect in terms of tenderness. What is shown here is a boneless loin chop – these are what I threw in the oven last night. I covered them in mesquite marinade and baked them at 350ยบ for about 45 minutes and they were tender and juicy.

Now I am the salad and side dish queen – and someday I will be an expert on cuts of meat, too. Check out the chart and let me know what you think!

No comments: