October 04, 2006

Mini-Review – Friday Night Lights

NBC.com - Friday Night Lights

Synopsis: Football isn't the most important thing. Oh wait. Yeah, it is.

Right off the bat I have to tell you that I cried, not once but twice, during the hour-long season premiere. It's a little embarrassing because this show wasn't particularly original. You take a small Texas town, add a brand new high school football coach, a shot of team infighting, shake with one golden-boy quarterback, garnish with who-will-sleep-with-the-head-cheerleader and you've got the makings for your typical football movie.

What got to me was that it had some darn good acting (for the most part), looked like a film rather than a TV series, and was a good story (even if it was familiar), complete with a tear-jerking plot twist and a Hollywood ending. I'm not sure how they will sustain that level throughout the season, but we're willing to watch and see. I will just keep the tissues closeby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that on TV last night (I didn't watch it though), don't you wonder why it isn't on on Friday nights? I guess they assume everyone will be out at high school football games on Friday nights, huh?

Okay, I just wanted to say "hi", I heard about your blog from Billy Mac and thought I'd take a look.

If you ever get a chance come check out my blog - it's not very informative, it's just me rambling, ranting or raving.

Thanks!

Polly King said...

Hey, Michelle!

Thanks for the note! I think you're right about the Tuesday/Friday thing!

I checked out your three (!) blogs. Which one do you think is most "you?"

Polly

Anonymous said...

The one that is most "me" is the Yada Yada Yada one...I don't update the Creative Memories one and the "Finding Michelle" one isn't updated it as often as it should be, but I am still trying to find myself and I'm working at that everyday. I try to update the Yada Yada Yada one everyday (except on weekends) and it's stuff that I would come to work and talk (or crab) to my friends about.

I love your blog because I can always use tips (especially since I moved into my first house in June). Keep it up!